Little City Elementary is our environment for K-5th graders. Being responsible for your children and teaching them is something we take very seriously so you can count on us to provide exceptional care and teaching for your children. We work to teach children all about Jesus, His deep love for them, and how to live for Him. We do this through a variety of engaging methods, including video teaches, worship, games, discussion, and play.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Each Sunday, staff and volunteers work hard to create a safe and practical learning experience for your children. Here are a few things you need to know to help us make their time in the Little City great!
- Doors open 15 minutes before the Adult service begins.
- Security is extremely important to us. We require all children to check-in before entering Little City. Each child is giving a security code and a matching code is given to the parental guardian. When picking up their child, the parental guardian must present this matching tag. If a parent or child loses their tag during service, the parent must report to the front desk and submit needed identification before we will print a new tag.This policy is strictly enforced.
- Screening for all Little City volunteers includes a criminal background check, training, and interviews by New City staff.
- It is important to inform us of any allergies or health concerns your children have. Inform us of this when checking in your child(ren) for the first time.
- To save you some time, you can go ahead and pre register your child(ren) now to speed up the first time check in process!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Here’s a peek into a Sunday experience for your kids.
As kids enter their rooms, they get greeted by their Community Group Leader and catch up on their week. Then their Community Group Leader will lead them through a game or activity that is centered on that day’s Bible lesson.
Next, all the students gather for the Bible story of the week, presented in a creative format – one that makes the Bible come to life and helps children apply biblical truths to their everyday lives.
After the story, it’s time to break it all down – in Community Groups. Here kids and leaders work to discover how what they learned fits into their everyday life. Our Little City Community Group Leaders are serious about having fun and teaching God’s truth!
The curriculum we use focuses on fun and life application with lessons that all point to Jesus. The best part of The Bible App Curriculum is there are lots of ways you can bring the lessons to life in your own home through it’s easy to use app. For more information about activities you can do at home to reinforce what they’ve learned at church, click here.